Known as micro puncture or collagen induction therapy, Microneedling involves the use of tiny needles to create precision micro perforation where the dermis and epidermis meet. It’s controlled wounding that stimulates collagen and elastin production so skin renews and repairs. Microneedling is one of the most popular skin procedures for tackling wrinkles, hyperpigmentation and other signs of aging.
Microneedling is performed with collagen stimulating topical products like hyaluronic acid and specific serums, vitamins, antioxidants and peptides can be added to hydrate, fortify and rebuild the skin. This process will stimulate the body’s natural immune response to produce collagen and elastin.
What to Know Before Treatment?
Sometimes we advise clients to have pretreatment weeks prior with the application of alpha or beta hydroxy acids and retinols to prepare the skin.
Our client consultation is advised prior to procedure scheduling. Aestheticians choose the appropriate depth and needle tip based on your unique needs and can make a plan with the right amount of treatments for you.
What Does It Treat?
- Fine lines
- Sun damage
- Lifts and tightens the skin
- Appearance of scars (such as post inflammatory scars)
- Appearance of chicken pox
- Size of pores
- Rough dull skin texture
- Appearance of surgical scars
- Appearance of stretch marks
There is practically no downtime. Immediately after the treatment, your skin may be bright red in the treated area, which will disappear in 24 hours to 4 days.
After 2-3 weeks your skin will continue to improve up to 6 months following the treatment as collagen production continues.
Thanks to the Microneedling procedure, you will notice smoother, healthier looking skin after the healing process has taken place!
The Microneedling procedure is combined with a cleanse and post cooling face mask.
After the treatment and face mask, we recommend our clients to follow the following steps for the best result:
- Let the skin “breathe” 24 hours after the procedure.
- Clients are recommended to wait 24-48 hours before applying make up (clean brushes).
- Clients can use antioxidant serum that have properties to assist in healing the skin. However, we recommend clients not to use active products that contain AHA (Alpha Hdroxy Acid) and BHA (Beta Hydroxy Acid) or Retinol, as these acids will irritate the skin.
- Drink water to stay hydrated and help rejuvinate faster.
Microneedling can be combined with LED treatment.